Effective January 1, 2023
To protect the health and safety of faculty, staff, and students, the university has established this policy for visitors to the Yale campus.
- All visitors to campus, except for those visiting spaces open to the general public, must be invited by a university host.
- All domestic visitors must be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccines as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- International visitors, at least two weeks before arriving on campus, must complete a primary series of a COVID-19 vaccine that has received full approval or Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or has been issued Emergency Use Listing (EUL) by the World Health Organization (WHO). If an international visitor will be on campus for more than four weeks and they have not yet received an updated booster for which they are eligible according to CDC criteria, then they must do so within two days of arriving on campus.
- All visitors must carry vaccination and booster documentation and be prepared to provide it if asked, some visitors may also be required to complete a vaccination attestation (see below).
- All visitors must follow university mask guidance and all other university health guidelines.
- Events, gatherings, and meetings that include visitors must comply with the events, gatherings, and meetings policy.
Limited exceptions are noted in the Exceptions to Visitor Requirements section below.
Yale does not grant vaccination exemptions to visitors.