Wearing a mask or face covering and physical distancing are among the most effective ways to prevent transmission of COVID-19. The university is supplying masks and other necessary supplies to all students, faculty, and staff.
- All individuals on campus must maintain at least 6 feet of space from others when in public spaces.
- All individuals on campus must wear masks or face-coverings when in public spaces. This includes all outside areas on campus even if maintaining at least 6 feet of distance from others.
- Masks or face-coverings and physical distancing are not required when people are in their own residential college suite or apartment or alone in an office.
The following health precautions must also be followed:
- Avoid contact with people who are ill.
- Refrain from touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. (See CDC handwashing video.) Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are unavailable.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home if you are ill—do not go to work or classes.
- If you need medical attention, stay home and call your provider before going to a health care facility.