Dear students and staff,
As the weather gets colder and we start seeing more seasonal illness, as well as an increase in cases of COVID-19, it is important to continue to complete your daily health check and know what to do if you are experiencing symptoms.
Most important, if you are experiencing any symptoms, follow the guidelines below. If you regularly get a COVID test on campus, do not go to your asymptomatic testing site! You will be scheduled for symptomatic testing.
Do your daily health check and monitor for symptoms:
If you are experiencing any symptoms:
- Stay home.
- Your dean, departmental designee, or supervisor to let them know you will be staying home.
- The Campus COVID Resource Line at 203-432-6604 for assistance scheduling a test.
- Follow the clinical guidance and direction clinical staff provide you.
- Do not return to campus or leave your on-campus residence until you have clinical guidance to do so.
- Inform your primary care provider:
- Students call Student Health (203-432-0312).
- All other Yale Health members call Internal Medicine (203-432-0038).
- Employees who are not Yale Health members should call Employee Health at 203-432-7978 if advised to self-isolate and remain at home.
Thank you for your participation in efforts to keep the campus and community safe.
Madeline S. Wilson, MD, FACP
Chief Quality Officer
Chair, Yale COVID Testing and Tracing Committee
Yale Health Center