Dear members of the Yale Community,
As we head into the Thanksgiving break and reduced University operations over December and January, we can reassure everyone that we will continue to provide access to COVID-19 testing for those remaining in the New Haven area. Please make note of the following details:
Members of the Yale community are encouraged to test 72 hours prior to Thanksgiving travel. You may continue to self-schedule testing through covidtesting.yale.edu at the Lanman Center or 150 York Street throughout the upcoming break period. Starting on Wednesday, November 18, testing will also be available at our new test site at 60 Sachem Street (the Watson Building, located at the corner of Sachem and Prospect, near Science Hill and East Rock).
- Asymptomatic testing is available to all faculty, staff and students, and to dependents of Yale Health members.
- During the week of November 16 we have extended testing capacity to accommodate testing prior to the Thanksgiving holiday.
- All asymptomatic test sites will be closed beginning at noon on Wednesday, November 25, through Thanksgiving Day. Sites will reopen on Friday and Saturday.
- To preserve testing access for everyone, if you need to change your appointment, please make sure to CANCEL the original appointment. This can be done easily in MyChart by navigating to the appointment.
- Remember to blow your nose prior to entering the test site.
- If you have symptoms, please do NOT schedule at one of these sites (see below).
Symptomatic testing is available 6 days a week through the Campus COVID Resource Line (CCRL) at 203-432-6604. In most cases same-day testing is possible. Testing will not be available on Thanksgiving day. Yale Health Acute Care (203-432-0123) is available 24-7 if needed.
Symptomatic testing is available to all Yale students and all Yale employees regardless of insurance and to dependents of Yale Health members. In the event an employee who does not have Yale Health insurance has a positive test, the employee will be directed to follow up with their own primary care provider.
On and off-campus undergraduates should remain on their designated testing schedules up until departure, and follow all additional guidance to reduce the risk of bringing COVID-19 home to your families. Those students remaining on campus, or in New Haven, during and after Thanksgiving will continue to test twice weekly.
- Students living on Old Campus will test at Dwight Hall
- Students living off campus will be directed to the voluntary testing locations for testing
Graduate and professional students
Those who will remain in New Haven may continue to test at our voluntary testing locations through covidtesting.yale.edu up to twice weekly. Students living in Helen Hadley Hall or Harkness Hall will continue to test twice weekly at their current locations.
High contact employees
Employees who will have an ongoing testing requirement following the Thanksgiving break will be notified by separate communication. In most cases, testing will take place at Dwight Hall on Old Campus.
Other faculty and staff
Staff who are not on the high contact list may take advantage of voluntary testing at any time, up to twice weekly, through covidtesting.yale.edu.
For other questions about COVID testing, contact the CCRL at 203-432-6604, or go to Yale COVID-19 Screening Program webpage.
Wishing you all a safe and restful Thanksgiving from the Yale Testing Team,
Madeline S. Wilson, MD, FACP
Chief Quality Officer
Chair, Yale COVID Testing and Tracing Committee
Yale Health Center