The number of COVID-19 cases and the rate of transmission have risen sharply on campus, just as they have in New Haven and nationally during this period after holiday travel.
In response, Yale College will require twice-weekly testing for all undergraduates from now until the end of the semester.
Please schedule a test for tomorrow or Tuesday, no matter when you last tested, and continue testing twice weekly for the rest of the semester, regardless of your vaccination status.
To enable the testing centers to balance the load, you will be assigned a Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday schedule. Please check the Yale Hub on Wednesday morning to find the schedule you should follow going forward.
In addition, please:
- Get your booster shot if you haven’t already.
- Avoid any unnecessary travel. Ideally, you will remain in New Haven until it is time for you to leave at the end of the semester.
- Get a symptomatic test immediately if you have symptoms; do not wait until your assigned asymptomatic test date. Use the same link you use for asymptomatic testing: http://covidtesting.yale.edu/.
- Follow any instructions from the contact tracing team, who will call or write to you if you have received a positive test result or been exposed to someone who has.
- Wear masks whenever you are outside your suite, including in common areas in residential colleges, such as entryways, butteries, and weight rooms. You can continue to remove your mask when you are actively eating and drinking.
Thank you for following these additional precautions in these final few weeks before the semester ends.
Dean of Student Affairs
Senior Associate Dean, Yale College