Amidst the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic, Yale University remains committed to partnering with you in creating a safe learning environment. To that end, the COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines webpage has been updated to include the testing requirements for students while on campus.
Pre-arrival testing for the spring semester will be conducted through the Quest Diagnostics Back to School Program. We are requiring all incoming undergraduates to undergo COVID-19 testing prior to arrival on campus and this program facilitates that testing. The cost of testing is covered by Yale University. Some students should not use the Quest program–see details below.
The Quest Diagnostics Back to School Program involves a self-testing kit which will be sent to the address you provide upon registration. Please follow this schedule carefully:
- Today: Please register at Quest Diagnostics. You will need your NetID to complete the registration process. If you do not know your NetID, contact the ITS Help Desk at 203-432-9000. If you experience difficulties with registration, please email Member Services.
- January 17th is the last day to register and order a kit. Use the address where you will be between January 15th and January 22nd, even if it is not your home address.
- If you are in a location where you will not have access to mail, please get in touch with Student Health or Member Services for further instructions.
- Once registered, you will receive a test kit in the mail. If you have any questions about receiving your kit, using the lot, or finding your result, please call Quest Diagnostics at 855-324-7472.
- Complete the testing following the included instructions and drop off at a FedEx location by 3pm the same day.
- Testing must be completed and shipped between January 15th and January 22nd. If you test positive you are required to isolate in place before returning to campus. Once you submit your kit, please quarantine until your planned trip back to New Haven.
Three groups of students should NOT register for a Quest kit:
- Students who have previously tested positive at any time after October 17 (i.e. within 90 days of the pre-arrival program) are exempt and will rejoin the testing program later. If you have tested positive since leaving Yale, please upload documentation of your positive PCR test in MyChart or email documentation with your date of birth to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students who will be traveling to New Haven from an international location. The Back to School program does not ship to international locations. You will be tested on arrival on campus.
- Off campus students who will arrive in New Haven between January 15 and Jan 29 should obtain their “pre-arrival” test at Yale through the Yale COVID-19 Screening Program.
Yale University appreciates your compliance with testing, as it is critical for the health and safety of our entire community. Enjoy the rest of winter break. We look forward to seeing you on campus soon.
Christine Chen, MD
Chief, Student Health