Updated September 1, 2022
The following is university guidance on events, gatherings, and meetings (hereafter referred to as gatherings), effective March 21, 2022.
- follow Safer Yale Practices;
- include invited community members and hosted visitors who are fully vaccinated and boosted;
- observe current university mask requirements;
- adhere to any additional specific guidance or requirements provided by a school or unit;
- follow special guidance applicable to indoor performances, competitions, and other aerosolizing activities, as well as their spectators or audiences. Please review these requirements with the host unit/organizer or venue owner. Individuals attending performances and competitions are subject to the approved health and safety plans for the host unit. Contact the COVID Review Team if you have any questions.
- avoid overcrowding through awareness of facility capacity limits, and if indoors, provide for breaks at least every 3 hours to allow for meeting room air exchange.
The COVID Review Team is available for consultation on health and safety measures particularly for large university events.
These guidelines reflect current public health information and support our goal of expanding on-campus activities. They may be amended as the public health environment changes.